The Jewish Eye
Index - Travel & Tourism
Reviews & Book Excerpts
Back to top
- Between Thriving and Decline, Edited by Rami Tal.
The Jewish People Policy Planning Institute's
Annual Assessment (2004-2005) that provides an overview of the current demographics of Jewish populations around the world, and it provides a region-by region analysis of the current status of the various Jewish communities in each region.
- City Guide Tel Aviv, by Lisa Goldman.
A gorgeously illustrated, sophisticated guide to Tel Aviv and Jaffa.
- Frommer's Israel, by Robert Ullian.
The fifth edition of the Frommer's Israel travel guide provides essential information on what to see, where to eat, and where to stay while in Israel. This guide also provides useful information that will help you plan your trip, and have the best experience possible while in Israel.
- Golden Jerusalem, by Menashe Har-El.
A completely updated and revised edition of Har-El's famed book, This is Jerusalem. This book describes the history, geography, and archaeology of Jerusalem from the Canaanite period onward.
- A Historical Tour of the Holy Land, by Beryl Ratzer.
History comes alive in this newly revised edition! Hebrew Scriptures - Canaanites - Israelites - First and Second Temples - Greeks- Romans - Christianity - Judaism - Islam - Crusaders - Mamlukes - State of Israel You will meet them all, and more...
- Israel & the Palestinian Territories, by Michael Kohn, Roxane Assaf, Miriam Raphael, Amelia Thomas, Matt Beynon Rees, and Alon Tal.
A travel guide from Lonely Planet that will prove useful in planning your next trip to Israel. It includes sample itineraries and essays on Israeli history, culture, politics, and environment.
- Israel for All, by Stuart Levenson.
Are you blind or have some other disability that makes you think that it would be difficult for you to tour Israel or to fully appreciate all that you were seeing? If so, think again, thanks Israel 4 All, an innovative tour agency, you can... (article)
- Israel for Beginners, by Angelo Colorni.
A Field Guide for Encountering the Israelis in Their Natural Habitat.
- Israel: Past and Present, By D. Bahat.
A guidebook that shows, via the use of overlays, how various ruins throughout Israel looked when they were originally constructed, and how they look today.
- Jerusalem: Footsteps Through Time, by Ahron Horovitz.
A unique travel guide that provides 'Ten Torah Study Tours of the Old City' complete with directions and detailed commentary.
- Lonely Planet Hebrew Phrasebook, by Klara Illana Wistinetzki and Justin Ben-Adam (Rudelson).
The second edition of the Lonely Planet Hebrew Phrasebook, is a pocket-sized phrase book filled with all the basic words and phrases that you are likely to need while traveling around Israel and communicating with the average man or women on the street, in a variety of situations from general social interactions to emergency situations.
- Pathway to Jerusalem, by Rabbi Ovadiah.
The Travel Letters of Rabbi Ovadiah of Bartenura: Written Between 1488-1490 During His Journey to the Holy Land.
- Traveling with the Maggid, by Rabbi Paysach J. Krohn.
A Journey to Great Torah Centers of Yesteryear - Part history and part travelogue, this amply illustrated book takes readers on an inspirational tour of the great Yeshivot of pre-war Eastern Europe.
- You Come for One Reason but Stay for Another, by Rabbi Mordechai Weiss.
In the summer of 2003, Rabbi Mordechai Weiss and his family made aliyah to Israel from the United States. Personal writings from Rabbi Weiss' regular e-mail updates to family and friends, sharing the personal challenges and triumphs of beginning anew in Israel, form the basis of this book.
Questions or Comments? Send an email to:
Copyright © The Jewish Eye 2001 - 2018 All Rights Reserved