The Jewish Eye
Index - Parenting
Reviews & Book Excerpts
Back to top
- Being and Becoming, by Dr. Jacob Mermelstein. (Book Excerpt)
A guide for better living, parenting and teaching by a veteran educator and therapist.
- Delivery from Darkness, by Rabbi Baruch Finkelstein and Michal Finkelstein.
A Jewish Guide to Prevention and Treatment of Postpartum Depression.
- Entering The Covenant (Chapter 1), by Dr. Mandell I. Ganchrow. (Book Excerpt)
An Anthology of Divrei Torah for Bris Milah and Pidyon Haben.
- The Family Chanukah Book, illustrated by Dovid Goldschmidt, Gadi Pollack, and Yoni Gerstein.
Stories, games, brainteasers, and a whole slew of fun activities for Chanukah that will delight the entire family.
- Finding Your Bashert, by Shani Stein.
An essential guide for seasoned daters, and their parents, who are working on navigating the Jewish dating scene in search of their perfect mate.
- Inspired Parenting, by Rav Moshe Weinberger.
In this series of lectures, Rav Weinberger covers how to raise and educate your children in order to bring out their best qualities, and how to infuse them with more yiddishkeit. He offers advice on how to motivate and inspire your children, and points out that even the most difficult child has unlimited potential. He also touches on controversial issues, as what happens when someone cannot have children. (Audio)
- Living & Parenting, by Rabbi Yakov Horowitz.
Sage and practical advice on parenting and Chinuch. Includes real life examples of parenting problems and questions, along with practical solutions and answers to even the most challenging of questions.
- Make Me, Don't Break Me (Chapter 6), by Rabbi Moshe Gans. (Book Excerpt)
Motivating children for success at home and in the classroom. A practical guide for parents and teachers.
- More Effective Jewish Parenting (Chapter 12), by Miriam Levi. (Book Excerpt)
- Mother's Musings, by Bassi Gruen.
What We Share As Jewish Women and Mothers. An insightful journey into the universal challenges and joys of motherhood.
- Partners With Hashem (Chapter 10), by Dr. Meir Wikler. (Book Excerpt)
Effective guidelines for successful parenting.
- Perfect Strangers: Redefining Intermarriage, by Rabbi Avraham Jacobovitz.
Rabbi Jacobovitz deftly explains the philosophical aspects of intermarriage and describes some of the real issues that intermarried couples face. This book is a must for anyone who wants to better understand the challenges of intermarriage and ways to deal with its ripple effects.
- Positive Parenting (Chapter 18), by Rabbi Abraham J. Twerski and Ursula Schwartz. (Book Excerpt)
Developing your child's potential.
- Raising Kids to Love Being Jewish, by Doron Kornbluth.
From Toddler to Teen, Everything You Need to Inspire Your Children.
- Shiurim on Women, by Rabbi Moshe Weinberger.
In these six shiurim, Rav Weinberger discusses the role of women in Judaism and the influence that they exert over those around them. (Audio)
- Timeless Parenting (Introduction), by Rabbi Nisson Wolpin. (Book Excerpt)
Raising children in troubled times - understanding, coping, succeeding.
- Torah Tigers, by Dr. Miriam Adahan.
This is two books in one. To youngsters, it is a lively children's book with a rhyming text and whimsical illustrations. For adults and educators, this is a parenting-text that will teach you how to use positive reinforcement to teach your children how to improve their middos (character traits).
- When Children Fight (Chapter 1), by Miriam Levi. (Book Excerpt)
Questions or Comments? Send an email to:
Copyright © The Jewish Eye 2001 - 2019 All Rights Reserved