The Jewish Eye
Introduction to Jewish History
Recommended Reading Lists
Back to top
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Jewish History and Culture, 2nd Edition, by Rabbi Benjamin Blech.
This book provides a lively and unforgettable introduction to Jewish history and culture, starting with Adam and continuing through to the modern age.
- Echoes Of Glory, by Rabbi Berel Wein.
The story of the Jews in the classical era 350 BCE-750 CE.
- Encyclopedia of the Jewish Diaspora, edited by M. Avrum Ehrlich.
This three-volume encyclopedia examines the origins, experiences, and culture of the Jewish Diaspora from its earliest manifestation through to the modern day. A region by region analysis of Jewish communities throughout the world, both historic and contemporary, are covered in detail.
- Eyewitness to Jewish History, by Rabbi Benjamin Blech
A concise history of the Jewish people from Biblical times to the modern day, told through the first hand accounts of the people who lived through the events chronicled.
- Faith & Fate, by Rabbi Berel Wein.
The story of the Jewish people in the twentieth century.
- Herald Of Destiny, by Rabbi Berel Wein.
The story of the Jews in the medieval era 750-1650.
- History of Jewish People: Volume 1 - 2nd Temple Era, by Rabbi Hersh Goldwurm.
- History of Jewish People: Volume 2 - From Yavneh To Pumpedisa, by Rabbi Hersh Goldwurm.
- A History of the Jews in the Modern World, By Howard M. Sachar.
A general, comprehensive reference guide on Jewish history from the late 1700's through 2004.
- The Jewish Experience: 2,000 Years, by Rabbi Nachman Zakon.
A Collection of Significant Events.
- The Jewish World In The Modern Age, by Jon Bloomberg.
- Jews in the Early Modern World, by Dean Phillip Bell.
A detailed and readable overview of Jewish history in the early modern world.
- The Jews of the United States, 1654 to 2000, by Hasia R. Diner.
Offers a general survey of Jewish life in America, covering both historical, religious, and social milestones.
- The Making of Western Jewry, 1600 - 1819, by Lionel Kochan.
Offers a general survey of Jewish history during this pivotal and turbulent time, with a special emphasis on the role of the kehillot (Jewish communal goverments) in various communities.
- Triumph Of Survival, by Rabbi Berel Wein.
The Story of the Jews in the Modern Era 1650-1995.
- Understanding Jewish History: Texts and Commentaries, by Steven Bayme.
Questions or Comments? Send an email to:
Copyright © The Jewish Eye 2001 - 2018 All Rights Reserved