The Jewish Eye
Holocaust Memoirs and Dairies
Recommended Reading Lists
The list of Holocaust memoirs and dairies that have been published is extensive, and picking out just a handful to recommend was a difficult task. We would have like to list all our recommendations in this category, but we choose to limit the list to keep the list manageable. Therefore, you are likely to notice that there are many outstanding and historically significant Holocaust memoirs and diaries that have not been listed here. We regret their absence, and would suggest that you visit Amazon.com for an extensive list of available Holocaust memoirs and Holocaust related diaries.
Back to top
- All But My Life, by Gerda Weissmann Klein.
- The Avengers: A Jewish War Story
, by Rich Cohen.
- Because of Romek: A Holocaust Survivor's Memoir, by David Faber.
- The Bielski Brothers: The True Story of Three Men Who Defied the Nazis, Built a Village in the Forest, and Saved 1,200 Jews, by Peter Duffy.
- The Chronicle of the Lodz Ghetto, 1941-1944, by Lucjan Dobroszycki.
- The Diary of a Young Girl, by Anne Frank.
- The Diary of Mary Berg: Growing Up in the Warsaw Ghetto, by Mary Berg .
- Edith's Story: Courage, Love, and Survival during World War II, by Edith Van Hessen Velmans.
- Five Chimneys: The Story of Auschwitz, by Olga Lengyel .
- Forgotten Voices of the Holocaust, by Lyn Smith.
- Fragments of Memory: From Kolin to Jerusalem , by Hana Greenfield.
- From Ashes to Life: My Memories of the Holocaust, by Lucille Eichengreen.
- In My Hands: Memories of a Holocaust Rescuer, by Irene Gut Opdyke.
- Love In A World Of Sorrow: A Teenage Girl's Holocaust Memoirs, by Fanya Gottesfeld Heller.
- Night, by Elie Wiesel.
- No Time to Mourn: The True Story of a Jewish Partisan Fighter, by Leon Kahn.
- Rutka's Notebook: A Voice from the Holocaust, edited by Kelly Knauer.
- Salvaged Pages: Young Writers' Diaries of the Holocaust, edited by Alexandra Zapruder.
- Scroll of Agony: The Warsaw Diary of Chaim A. Kaplan, by Chaim Aron Kaplan.
- Survival In Auschwitz, by Primo Levi.
- To Survive Sobibor, by Dov Freiberg.
- Tovarisch, I Am Not Dead, by Garri S. Urban.
- Until We Meet Again: A True Story of Love and Survival in the Holocaust, by Michael Korenblit and Kathleen Janger.
- The Warriors: My Life As A Jewish Soviet Partisan, by Harold Zissman.
- The Warsaw Diary of Adam Czerniakow: Prelude to Doom, by Adam Hilberg.
- Who Will Write Our History? Emanuel Ringelblum, the Warsaw Ghetto, and the Oyneg Shabes Archive, by Samuel D. Kassow.
- William & Rosalie: A Holocaust Testimony, by William and Rosalie Schiff.
Questions or Comments? Send an email to:
Copyright © The Jewish Eye 2001 - 2017 All Rights Reserved