The Jewish Eye
Recommended Reading Lists
Back to top
- Amazing Passover Desserts, by Penny Wantuck Eisenberg.
A mouth-watering selection of easy to prepare, Kosher for Passover, desserts that will delight every member of your family and which will enliven not only your next Seder, but any meal throughout the year!
- ArtScroll Youth Haggadah, translation and comments by Rabbi Nosson Scherman and Rabbi Yitzchok Zev Scherman.
This is an oversized, fully illustrated Haggadah that features the complete text of the Haggadah in Hebrew, along with a simplified translation in English and brief commentary on the text that was designed especially for younger readers.
- Chol HaMoed, by Rabbi Dovid Zucker and Rabbi Moshe Francis.
A comprehensive review of the Laws of the Intermediate Days of the Festivals.
- Creating Lively Passover Seders, by David Arnow.
A Sourcebook of Engaging Tales, Texts & Activities.
- The Family Haggadah, Translation and introduction by Rabbi Nosson Scherman, and marginal notes by Rabbi Avie Gold.
A small, yet detailed and easy to read Hebrew - English Haggadah that provides ample instructions to guide you through the entire Passover Seder.
- The Haggada of the Jewish Idea, with commentary by Binyamin Zev Kahane hy"d.
A Haggada in English and Hebrew, along with commentaries by Rav Kahane that not only explain the basic foundations of Judaism and the teachings inherent in the Pesach story.
- Haggadah Companion, by Rabbi Avrohom Schwartz.
The ideal d'var Torah book for your Seder!
- Haggadah With Answers, by Rabbi Yaakov Wehl.
Featuring over 200 thought-provoking questions and answers, this Haggadah draws from a wide range of classical sources to provide fascinating and substantive reasons why this night is different from all other nights!
- Holidays Around the World, by Deborah Heiligman.
Celebrate Passover: with Matzah, Maror, and Memories.
- Judaism in a Nutshell: Passover, by Shimon Apisdorf.
An A to Z, nuts and bolts, everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-Passover book! Read it and you will experience Passover like never before!
- Laws of the Seder, by Rabbi David Feinstein.
The comprehensive Kol Dodi exposition of the laws and rituals of the Seder night.
- Machzor: Pesach Full Size - Ashkenaz, by Rabbi Avie Gold, Rabbi Meir Zlotowitz, and Rabbi Nosson Scherman.
The complete Hebrew text of the prayerbook, along with a highly readable English translation of the entire prayer services.
- The New York Times Passover Cookbook, by Linda Amster.
More Than 200 Holiday Recipes from Top Chefs and Writers.
- Passover Around the World, by Tami Lehman-Wilzig and Elizabeth Wolf.
A brief overview of Passover celebrations around the world. For ages 9-12.
- Passover by Design, by Susie Fishbein.
Picture-perfect Kosher by Design recipes for the holiday.
- Passover Cookery, by Joan Kekst.
Kosher, Pesach recipes that will delight the senses and enhance the repertoire of cooks of all skill levels. Complete with seder menus, and a 'Countdown to Passover' guide.
- Pesach, by Rabbi Shimon Finkelman, Rabbi Moshe Lieber, and Rabbi Moshe Dov Stein.
Passover - its observance, laws and significance. A presentation based on Talmudic and traditional sources
- The Pesach Seder Guide, by Rabbi Label Sharfman.
A practical guide to the preparations for and the laws and customs of the Seder night.
- Rav Asher Weiss on the Haggadah, by Rabbi Asher Weiss.
Comments and insights from the renowned Rav and Rosh Yeshivah.
- Schottenstein Interlinear Haggadah, edited by Rabbi Menachem Davis.
This Passover Haggadah features an interlinear English translation of the Hebrew text. Instructions and commentaries are presented in English.
- Seelig Art Haggadah
The perfect gift Haggadah! Contains the full Hebrew text, elegant illustrations by the renowned Heinz Seelig and an English translation by Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan.
- Spice & Spirit Passover Cookbook, by Lubavich Woman's Organization.
A one-of-a-kind cookbook that will become an indispensable part of your Passover culinary library!
- The Three Festivals: Sfas Emes, by Rabbi Yosef Stern.
Ideas and insights of the Sfas Emes on Pesach, Shavuos, and Succos.
- Touched by the Seder, by Rabbi Yechiel Spero.
The Pesach Haggadah with soul-stirring stories and commentary.
Questions or Comments? Send an email to:
Copyright © The Jewish Eye 2001 - 2017 All Rights Reserved