The Jewish Eye
Recommended Reading Lists
Back to top
- The Artscroll Children's Megillah, by Shmuel Blitz.
Purim is the most festive day on the Jewish calendar, and the most exciting for children, and this Megillah will bring the story of Purim to life.
- A Daily Dose of Torah (Series 2) - The Rabbinic Festivals and Fast Days, by Rabbi Yosaif Asher Weiss.
A challenging and stimulating looks at Chanukah, Purim, the Fast Days, Rosh Chodesh, the Four Parshiyos, and Shabbos Hagadol.
- Days Of Joy: Sfas Emes, by Rabbi Yosef Stern.
Ideas and insights of the Sfas Emes on Chanukah and Purim.
- Esther HaMalkah (Hebrew Only), by Rabbi David Cohen.
Essays on Megillas Esther and assorted Purim topics.
- A Gift For Yom Tov, by Rabbi Yisroel Miller.
Provocative and penetrating insights on the Festivals - Pesach, Shavuos, Succos, Purim and Chanukah.
- The Illuminated Megillah, by Rabbi Yonah Weinrib.
Illumination, Calligraphy, Micrography, Commentary and Insights.
- The King's Treasures / Megillas Esther, by Rabbi Eliezer Ginsburg.
A wealth of commentary and insights on Megillas Esther.
- Kol Dodi On Megillas Esther, by Rabbi David Feinstein.
Original comments, insights, and ideas on the book of Esther, adapted from the shiurim of Rabbi David Feinstein.
- Let My Nation Live, by Yosef Deutsch.
The Story of the Jewish Deliverance in the Days of Mordechai and Esther - Based on Talmudic and Midrashic Sources.
- The Lipman Edition Megillah with the Complete Purim Evening Services, by Rabbi Nosson Scherman & Rabbi Meir Zlotowitz.
The Lipman Edition Megillah with the Complete Purim Evening Services contains Minchah for Taanis Esther, Maariv for Purim evening, and Megillas Esther - all complete with the ArtScroll translation and a commentary.
- Megillah: Illustrated Youth Edition, by Rabbi Nosson Scherman & Rabbi Meir Zlotowitz.
Fully illustrated, with the complete text, simplified translation and comments.
- Megillath Esther (The Book of Esther), translated and compiled by Rabbi A.J. Rosenberg.
Acclaimed everywhere by teachers and students alike, the bestselling Judaica Press Mikraoth Gedoloth series has been used for decades around the world as an essential learning tool.
- The One Hour Purim Primer, by Shimon Apisdorf.
Everything a family needs to understand, celebrate, and enjoy Purim - Expanded Edition.
- Purim Goodies, by Amalia Hoffman.
This is a wonderfully illustrated children's book about a Purim misadventure of two young girls that is based on a story by Sholom Aleichem.
- Purim: Its Observance And Significance, by Rabbi Avie Gold.
This book, part of the popular ArtScroll Holiday Series, draws together several elements of the day's history, underlying meaning, and observances.
- Purim with Bina, Benny, And Chaggai Hayonah, by Yaffa Ganz.
Join Bina, Benny and their winged friend, Chaggai the holiday dove, in this fun-filled adventure explaining the background and observance of Purim.
- Sammy Spider's First Purim, by Sylvia A. Rouss.
The Shapiro family is getting ready for Purim, and Sammy Spider wants to participate!
Questions or Comments? Send an email to:
Copyright © The Jewish Eye 2001 - 2017 All Rights Reserved